MIKE HALL, Adventure Sports, Travel, Overlanding, Backcountry, Avalanche, Snowmobile, Snowmobiling, Snowboard, Snowboarding, Sledboarding, Winter Fat Tire Mountain Biking, Mountain Biking, Ski Patrol, Motorcycle, BMW Adventure Motorcycling, Montana, Colorado, Wyoming, Oregon, Utah, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Jackman, Maine

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Mountain Cat




The Arctic Cat sold this week. It was a good sled, we had a great first year exploring the Snowy Mountain Range in Wyoming with the Cat and the 800 RMK. I had the Cat for 3 years, went out West 5 times each of the first 2 years, so we spent some good time out there.

The above pictures, were before the Minnesota Northshore hit. The below pictures, were with replacement parts, hood and seat.

There hasn't been any big adventures since February. With the face on the heal, it has been recovery time. I had 3 sledboarding (snowmobiling into the backcountry with the snowboards) trips planned in March and April. Had to put them on hold. I have never in my life, been injured for this length of time. Two months..."Knock on wood".

I want to keep up my fitness. Did some good hiking in the woods, swamps and hills of my youth. Several 3 - 4 hour outings, used the time to set up my GPS unit. With this extended Spring it was still snow and ice covered, here in Minnesota. I still have 5 weeks of vacation, so there will be trips and adventures to come. The snow will last for a couple more months out West and there is always mountain biking in the mountains and around here.


No comments: